Clearly is seeking a dynamic individual to add to the success of our Marketing team as a Bilingual Copywriter.
Founded in 2000 in Vancouver, Canada, Clearly has become the world’s largest online eyewear and contact lenses company. Clearly designs, produces and retails the largest selection of eyeglasses on the internet. We serve customers in more than 150 countries through the Clearly family of websites: our team is responsible for systems and support for multiple warehouses and web properties across Canada, the United States, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
Product Education (EN/FR) :
- Research and understand our diverse product offering; Write product descriptions; Describe the key features of our products, including: fit, shape, colours, details, and materials.
Campaign communications (EN/FR):
- Develop & write for campaigns across all channels from digital (web, advertising, email, social) to offline (PR, community, retail).Identify ways to maximize content, and stories that can be distributed to channels and amplified beyond owned channels.
Editorial content (EN/FR):
- Pitch and write engaging articles for our blog and syndicated pieces; Collaborate with cross-functional teams to find opportunities to create and share timely pieces to increase viewership and reach.
User experience (EN/FR) :
- Create content focused on the shop and web user experience; Working with the user experience team, optimize to create the best web experiences across the site; Understand digital and ecomm best practices
- Own and write all French content
- Translate assets into French, as required.
- Develop content with SEO optimization considerations; Understanding of basic SEO best practices.
- Be a storyteller of the brand and creates inspiration through words.
- Work with the content/brand team to build out the content calendar.
- Be an advocate for brand guidelines and voice and tone for the company.
- Maintaining consistency in messaging across all channels
- Creating cohesive experiences through content (understanding how all content shows up for the brand and appropriate way to speak to different audiences on different channels)
What You Need To Do Your Job:
- 2-3 years of experience as a copywriter. A previous focus in retail and/or ecommerce is preferred.
- A degree or diploma in Journalism or Communications, or related discipline
- Native fluency in French & English
- Thorough understanding of the French Canada market
- Ability to translate into French
- Captivating ideas and you know how to express them
- Advanced skills in grammar and spelling
- Experience managing multiple projects at any one time
- The ability to complete tasks independently and meet deadlines
- An egoless nature
- A desire to learn and excel
You may be asked to submit written English and French samples of previous translation work.
What We Offer You:
- Group Retirement Savings and Employee Shareholding programs
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits
- 100% MSP coverage
- Flexible spending account
- Progressive paid vacation plan
- Open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Gym for a nominal cost and free secure bike cages available in our building; across the street from Renfrew Skytrain station and the Central Valley Greenway bike path
- Underground secure parking
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Company discount on contact lenses and glasses
- A company that celebrates successes and recognizes its team
Our progressive employee benefits, thriving corporate culture and engaging work environment led to our recognition as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Our innovative programming and Development and Diversity initiatives have been recognized with the YWCA Women of Distinction Award. Our team's continued efforts to change the way the world sees, especially through our Change the View project, has been recognized as the Best in the Biz Most Socially Responsible Company of the Year.
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.