Clearly is seeking a dynamic individual to add to the success of our Information Technology team as a Web Developer.
Founded in 2000 in Vancouver, Canada, Clearly has become the world’s largest online eyewear and contact lenses company. Clearly designs, produces and retails the largest selection of eyeglasses on the internet. We serve customers in more than 150 countries through the Clearly family of websites: our team is responsible for systems and support for multiple warehouses and web properties across Canada, the United States, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Involved in all aspects of the Application Development Lifecycle.
- Provide assistance on technical design and architecture of business solutions, including client/server, service-oriented and web-driven architectures.
- Perform functional analysis and debugging.
- Collaborate with other team members to define, design, plan and launch new features.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews, help enforce best practices, coding guidelines and code quality.
- Write and update documentation of requirements, design and source code.
- Accurately quantify and estimate application development timelines.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving production issues.
What You Need To Do Your Job:
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject.
- 3+ years of experience with J2EE/Java and Java based web applications.
- Experience developing APIs (SOAP and REST).
- Experience with Spring Framework, Object Oriented design and patterns, and Object Relational Mapping frameworks such as Hibernate or OpenJPA.
- Strong DB design and knowledge of MS SQL Server 2012 with experience on database performance tuning tools and techniques.
- Previous Apache Tomcat or JBoss configuration/deployment experience.
- Experience with at least one version control system (e.g. Git, Subversion, CVS)
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Ability to work well in team environment as well as individually.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience in E-Commerce Development and/or with Elasticpath framework and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) would be an asset
What We Offer You:
- Group Retirement Savings and Employee Shareholding programs
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits
- 100% MSP coverage
- Flexible spending account
- Progressive paid vacation plan
- Open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Gym for a nominal cost and free secure bike cages available in our building; across the street from Renfrew Skytrain station and the Central Valley Greenway bike path
- Underground secure parking
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Company discount on contact lenses and glasses
- A company that celebrates successes and recognizes its team
Our progressive employee benefits, thriving corporate culture and engaging work environment led to our recognition as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Our innovative programming and Development and Diversity initiatives have been recognized with the YWCA Women of Distinction Award. Our team's continued efforts to change the way the world sees, especially through our Change the View project, has been recognized as the Best in the Biz Most Socially Responsible Company of the Year.
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.