Clearly is seeking a dynamic individual to add to the success of our Information Technology team as a full-time Data Engineer.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Work with business stakeholders to gather and analyze requirements into technical specifications
- Design, develop and maintain Data Warehouse ETL processes
- Design and develop reporting solutions
- Maintain databases, reports, dashboards, systems and tools
- Participate in defining and conducting research and analysis in order to create data-driven insights
- Identify opportunities to use machine learning to solve problems
- Help foster a data driven culture across the company
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data
What You Need To Do Your Job:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience in data analytics or business intelligence.
- Good understanding and knowledge of working with Databases, SQL and scripts
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis.
- Expert with Database design and modeling techniques, and ETL process
- Ability to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
- Advanced working knowledge with MS Office, SQL, Business Objects, Crystal Report, MS Power BI
- Experience working in a fast paced environment where multiple duties are performed to meet business expectations and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
What You Can Handle:
- The position requires the ability to understand business requirements and systems in order to support the different areas of the business
- Ability to support and manage an offshore team
- Use of various Business Intelligence and reporting tools to develop report
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the pipelines
- Build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to your customers
- Troubleshooting and performance monitoring of Business Intelligence applications
The Decisions You Make:
- You will contribute and make changes to process and policy
- Building and scaling out the data layer
- Building various connectors for extracting raw data from internal and external sources
What We Offer You:
- Group Retirement Savings and Employee Shareholding programs
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits
- 100% MSP coverage
- Flexible spending account
- Progressive paid vacation plan
- Brand new, open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Company discount on contact lenses and glasses
At Clearly we pride ourselves on having a team comprised of talented, innovative and dynamic individuals who are driven by an inner desire to be the best.
Our progressive employee benefits, thriving corporate culture and engaging work environment led to our recognition as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Our team's continued efforts to change the way the world sees, especially through our Change the View project, has been recognized as the Best in the Biz Most Socially Responsible Company of the Year.
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.