Clearly is seeking a dynamic individual to add to the success of our Marketing team as a Copywriter.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Research and understand our diverse product offering
- Write product descriptions and anticipate any potential questions a customer might have so that they are making a fully informed decision about their purchase
- Be a storyteller that highlights the uniqueness of our brands and shares their inspiration
- Describe the key features of our products, including: fit, shape, colours, details, and materials
- Develop and execute brand-focused communications to connect with our visitors, and build relationships with our customers.
- Work alongside our copywriting team to develop & write for campaigns across our websites and channels including banners, display, email, and web components. Create engaging copy for offline assets including packaging, inserts, and advertising.
- Identify ways to enhance our content, and pitch larger stories that can be shared through our channels.
- Author and publish engaging articles for our blog and syndicated pieces
- Work with the content team to build out the content calendar, and collaborate with our PR, Social and email teams to find opportunities to create and share timely pieces that make an impact.
- Collaborate with our UX, UI, and IT partners to deliver copy in our voice and tone throughout our onsite customer journey, from navigation to purchase path, cart, and confirmation.
What You Need To Do Your Job:
- 2-3 years of experience as a copywriter. A previous focus in retail and/or ecommerce is preferred.
- A degree or diploma in Arts/Communications, or related discipline
- Captivating ideas and you know how to express them
- Advanced skills in grammar and spelling
- Ability to develop content with SEO optimization in mind
- Experience managing multiple projects at any one time
- The ability to complete tasks independently and meet deadlines
- An egoless nature
- A desire to learn and excel
- A working knowledge of WordPress
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems such as Adobe Experience Manager
- Basic photo editing and HTML skills
What We Offer You:
- Group Retirement Savings and Employee Shareholding programs
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits
- 100% MSP coverage
- Flexible spending account
- Progressive paid vacation plan
- New, open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Company discount on contact lenses and glasses
At Clearly we pride ourselves on having a team comprised of talented, innovative and dynamic individuals who are driven by an inner desire to be the best.
Our progressive employee benefits, thriving corporate culture and engaging work environment led to our recognition as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Our team's continued efforts to change the way the world sees, especially through our Change the View project, has been recognized as the Best in the Biz Most Socially Responsible Company of the Year.
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.