Clearly is seeking a dynamic individual to add to the success of our Information Technology team as a DevOps Engineer.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Own the Adobe Dynamic Tag Management (DTM) and Adobe Target on our E-commerce platform. Work with Marketing department, communicate with 3rd party agency, implement, and maintain the performance of the tracking tags on the website.
- Own the environments of our E-commerce platform. Improve our application architecture. Provide scalable and secure solutions, and implement continuous delivery.
- Build tools to support our operational and development processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve functional issues on the website with the ability to explore log files and source code as required
- Reproduce any incidents in a testing environment, evaluate available solution approaches, complete development of the chosen solution, and follow up with end users
- Evolve site monitoring, deployment strategies and testing to support our goal of 100% up-time and quick turnaround of deployments
- Be on-call afterhours to address emergency issues on our production environment.
- Manage, organize and present application statistics, establishing key metrics and KPIs and developing and delivering both regular and ad-hoc reports and dashboards to help drive decision-making
- Manage the delivery of activities aimed to improve overall version quality, reduce operational risk and cost, achieve better delivery of release milestones, and ensure consistent production quality
- Drive the process in which our operations team operates and iterates/releases
- Establish and periodically update the Release Policy which governs the release process and details release categories, release activities, role & responsibilities, exception, etc.
What You Need To Do Your Job:
- 3+ years’ experience working on an Ops/DevOps role.
- Some experience in Web Analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Segment.io, and other web analytics platforms.
- Experience with continuous integration, log collection and analysis.
- Smartness with an intellectual curiosity that drives motivation to keep on top of technical trends.
- Service-oriented and enjoys working with other developers to make the software development process as painless as possible.
- Extremely reliable and accountable in times of need.
- Demonstrable experience with Java web applications running on Tomcat platform, CMS system, MS SQL Server, etc.
- Comfortable working with both Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience with Jenkins or Hudson. Docker experience is an asset.
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is an asset
- Ability to understand and apply basic metrics gathering techniques
- Highly collaborative and dynamic with great problem solving skills
- Clear, concise and articulate in communication (both verbal and written)
- Ability to establish instant credibility and have a proven track record in setting and managing stakeholder expectations
- Ideal candidate will have practical experience in Release Management and DevOps and be a recognized leader in enhancing process, using metrics and applying technology to improve efficiency and quality
What We Offer You:
- Group Retirement Savings and Employee Shareholding programs
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits
- 100% MSP coverage
- Flexible spending account
- Progressive paid vacation plan
- Open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Company discount on contact lenses and glasses
At Clearly we pride ourselves on having a team comprised of talented, innovative and dynamic individuals who are driven by an inner desire to be the best.
Our progressive employee benefits, thriving corporate culture and engaging work environment led to our recognition as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Our team's continued efforts to change the way the world sees, especially through our Change the View project, has been recognized as the Best in the Biz Most Socially Responsible Company of the Year.
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.