Clearly is seeking a dynamic individual to add to the success of our Marketing team as a Senior Manager, Marketing.
The Senior Manager, Marketing is responsible for leading Clearly’s acquisition and retention efforts, primarily in digital channels. This includes managing paid and organic channel marketing, loyalty and retention with specific accountability for:
- establishing channel revenue and growth targets in collaboration with channel owners and business stakeholders
- setting and hitting monthly target Return on Ad Spend
- driving programs that grow the business organically
- setting, measuring, and driving programs to grow the brand
- ensuring the brand experience is consistent across all touchpoints
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Identify needs, evaluate, and engage 3rd party agency and vendors where appropriate, negotiate agreements and manage relationships and outcomes.
- Work with the Business Intelligence, Analytics, and Finance teams to identify key performance trends and insights, and formulate strategies to improve and/or accelerate trends.
- Work with Finance to understand the margin and bottom line impact of your strategies and marketing ideas.
- Be a key contributor in organizational budget planning and will ensure the appropriate resources are available to all teams in order to achieve and exceed forecasts.
- Help team members develop business cases for feature enhancements, development, and technology or resource investments and will partner with key executive team stakeholders to drive prioritizations and execution.
- Lead functional teams in paid marketing, SEO and email, and you will work closely with the teams in brand experience, social, PR, influencer marketing and creative.
- Be responsible for ongoing coaching and the rapid development of your team to be effective leaders and you will empower the development of their teams through these leaders.
- Be responsible for calibrating team member performance quarterly and making recommendations and decisions on development plans, promotions, compensation changes and hiring.
- Identify and partner with teams within and beyond the marketing team to lead or contribute to the successful completion of strategic organizational initiatives.
- Be a member of the marketing leadership team, participating in weekly executive meetings and planning offsites, and will represent the needs and performance of the marketing team
What You Need To Do Your Job:
- 7+ years of experience in ecommerce and marketing, with a heavy digital focus (including SEM, SEO, email, display, social, affiliate, mobile)
- Experience in managing both acquisition and retention programs
- Experience in paid performance marketing
- Experience in managing large budgets and being accountable for planning, setting forecasts and monitoring performance
- Experience with and understanding of web analytics
- Experience in bringing brand strategies to life through digital marketing
- Experience writing marketing strategies, and successfully leading cross functional teams in the execution of strategies with measurable business impact
- Proven strong negotiation and collaboration skills
- Experience with successfully managing diverse skill sets and cross-functional teams
- Experience in managing teams of 5+ members, and coaching and developing leaders
- Knowledge of the optical industry is an asset, but not required
What We Offer You:
- Group Retirement Savings and Employee Shareholding programs
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits
- 100% MSP coverage
- Flexible spending account
- Progressive paid vacation plan
- Open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Company discount on contact lenses and glasses
At Clearly we pride ourselves on having a team comprised of talented, innovative and dynamic individuals who are driven by an inner desire to be the best.
Our progressive employee benefits, thriving corporate culture and engaging work environment led to our recognition as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Our team's continued efforts to change the way the world sees, especially through our Change the View project, has been recognized as the Best in the Biz Most Socially Responsible Company of the Year.
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.