Clearly is seeking a dynamic individual to add to the success of our Infortmation Technology team as a Manager, User Experience.
Over the years you’ve designed, developed, tested and optimized dazzling experiences that engage consumers, and drive them to buy. You can improve UX to decrease bounce rates, increase conversion and performance. You also have a passion for developing others in a team environment creating these experiences. You work well with people at all levels and want to work for a dynamic, exciting company where you can grow and contribute to the long-term value of a brand. If you also have a work hard, play hard personality then please read on!
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Lead a small team of UX and UI designers to conceive and develop well-crafted user experiences, improving upon existing designs.
- Be accountable for establishing, measuring and improving KPIs
- Foster a positive team environment and encourage the development of skills within the User Experience team through example, sharing and inspiration
- Lead the user research strategy to define research methodologies and participate in user testing or fieldwork and the presentation of findings as required
- Lead cross functional teams in identifying, implementing and measuring AB testing opportunities.
- Work with a variety of stakeholders to evaluate and prioritize the backlog.
- Develop feature design briefs, logic flows & screen wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps within evolving technology, business, and time constraints
- Organize information to create visualizations of content to achieve brands’ objectives by sequencing and relating elements; preparing storyboards; applying principles of human-computer interaction, comprehension, learning, and aesthetics
- Define strategies for mobile, web and social experiences
- Multiple sites in locations across North America, Australia, New Zealand and Asia
What You Need To Do Your Job:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in interaction design, HCI or related design field or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Experience in leading and developing teams.
- Demonstrated experience in designing for ecommerce
- Demonstrated experience in Responsive Web Design
- Demonstrated user-centered approach to design with strong experience in information architecture and usability best practices
- Demonstrates a commitment to bringing in new sources of creative inspiration to your work and team
- A constant learner both in your creative and technical skills
- Solid analytic and problem-solving skills, detail oriented mind set and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Strong presentation skills and ability to interact with all levels of management and users at different technical levels of expertise
- Strong work ethic and self-driven
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Demonstrated knowledge of user research best practices & strategies
- Ability to successfully design in an Agile software development environment
- Technically proficient with Adobe Suite
- Experienced in Wireframes, storyboarding, user journey etc.
What We Offer You:
- Group Retirement Savings and Employee Shareholding programs
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits
- 100% MSP coverage
- Flexible spending account
- Progressive paid vacation plan
- Open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Company discount on contact lenses and glasses
At Clearly we pride ourselves on having a team comprised of talented, innovative and dynamic individuals who are driven by an inner desire to be the best.
Our progressive employee benefits, thriving corporate culture and engaging work environment led to our recognition as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Our team's continued efforts to change the way the world sees, especially through our Change the View project, has been recognized as the Best in the Biz Most Socially Responsible Company of the Year.
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.