Clearly is seeking a dynamic individual to add to the success of our Marketing team as a Japan Market Specialist for a 13 month contract.
What You Will Be Responsible For:.
- Conduct market research to investigate opportunities and to provide recommendations on the Japanese market
- Plan and launch weekly, monthly and/or quarterly campaigns that will help our reputation and growth
- Plan and execute creative initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, email, YouTube, TV etc.)
- Analyze sales results to feed ongoing campaign optimization tactics
- Develop and distribute weekly newsletters
- Report performance data on emails and competitors on a weekly basis
- Develop, manage and design creative for marketing materials such as presentations, newsletters, banners, event support materials and brochures
- Liaise with external vendors to execute promotional events and campaigns
- Maintain websites and work with IT team for new projects
- Maintain Google merchant center and any transactional emails
- Translate business materials
- Undertake individual tasks of a marketing plan as assigned
- Inter-departmental tasks assigned by manager to further understand all aspects of the JP business, including operations
What You Need To Do Your Job:
- Fluency in both Japanese and English
- 2-4 years of experience in e-commerce / marketing field, ideally related to a Japanese brand/business
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/social media etc.) and market research methods
- Demonstrated experience in marketing data analysis and tools
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office
- Familiar with a variety of JP optical concepts, practices, and procedures is an asset
- Background in web development and graphic design is an asset
- BSc/BA in marketing, communications or equivalent
- Creative thinker and good judgment in decision-making
- Ability to see the big picture and quickly take action to address opportunities/issues
What We Offer You:
- Group Retirement Savings and Employee Shareholding programs
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits
- 100% MSP coverage
- Flexible spending account
- Progressive paid vacation plan
- New, open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Company discount on contact lenses and glasses
At Clearly we pride ourselves on having a team comprised of talented, innovative and dynamic individuals who are driven by an inner desire to be the best.
Our progressive employee benefits, thriving corporate culture and engaging work environment led to our recognition as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Our team's continued efforts to change the way the world sees, especially through our Change the View project, has been recognized as the Best in the Biz Most Socially Responsible Company of the Year.
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.