Clearly is seeking a dynamic individual to add to the success of our I.T team as a Web Developer.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- To work with the web designers and other creative specialists to understand the design concept, and advise how it can be implemented technically within constraints
- To design and build solutions in a manner that enables different technical teams to work together in an efficient manner
- Contribute regularly to discussions regarding internal process and system improvements in order to ensure maximum efficiency across the company, including suggesting technical solutions to problems
- To write clean, structured and well documented code
- To deliver code which is well-tested and consistently error free
- To follow consistent processes set by the team while looking to offer constructive suggestions around new tools and ideas to enhance processes
- Take on the DevOps responsibilities, such as troubleshooting and debugging applications after hours when there is urgent issues on production, evaluating new technologies, digging into the code to highlight and execute performance optimizations and more.
- To consider systems performance requirements and get advice from peers when making specific determinations relating to system performance requirements
- To handle client support issues as quickly and efficiently as possible with an appropriate resolution
- To be aware and open to the latest software development technologies and methodologies
What You Need To Do Your Job:
- 3 years minimum experience in software development and solid understanding of development life cycle
- Comprehensive understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- Working experience with Foundation or Bootstrap frameworks
- Experience with node.js, Gulp, Grunt, Maven and Ant
- Experience with at least one version control system, preferably Git
- Experience with Test Driven Development and writing unit tests
- SEO knowledge specifically related to onsite optimization (desirable)
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development methodologies.
- Strong development capability with client-side, object oriented and a passion for UI
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
What You Can Handle:
Successful applicants will have a positive attitude, enjoy a challenge, have an appetite for problem solving, a desire to be part of a winning team, want a successful career not just a job, and have strong organizational, oral and written communication skills.
The Decisions You Make:
You will contribute and make decisions on many aspects of project development. The decisions you make will have direct impact on customer experience. You have the drive to deliver high performance and high quality products to customers.
You will get exposures to the core of E-commerce business. You will also be part of the agile practice and be involved from project solution design all the way to delivery. You will be able to strengthen your technical skills and throughout working closely with different teams and departments, you will develop strong communication skills and take ownership and lead on projects.
What We Offer You:
- Group Retirement Savings and Employee Shareholding programs
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits
- 100% MSP coverage
- Flexible spending account
- Progressive paid vacation plan
- New, open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Company discount on contact lenses and glasses
At Clearly we pride ourselves on having a team comprised of talented, innovative and dynamic individuals who are driven by an inner desire to be the best.
Our progressive employee benefits, thriving corporate culture and engaging work environment led to our recognition as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Our team's continued efforts to change the way the world sees, especially through our Change the View project, has been recognized as the Best in the Biz Most Socially Responsible Company of the Year.
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.