Clearly is seeking a dynamic individual to add to the success of our I.T team as a Full Stack Software Developer.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Be involved in all aspects of the development lifecycle for our E-commerce platform.
- Write high quality and efficient codes to implement UI/UX design into functional web applications.
- Provide input on technical design and architecture of business solutions, including client/server, service-oriented and web-driven architectures.
- Perform functional analysis and testing.
- Collaborate with other team members to define, design, plan and launch new features.
- Participate in code reviews; help enforce best practices, coding guidelines and improve code quality.
- Write and update documentation of requirements, design and source code.
- Accurately quantify and estimate application development timelines.
- Take on the DevOps responsibilities, such as troubleshooting and debugging applications after hours when there is urgent issues on production, evaluating new technologies, digging into the code to highlight and execute performance optimizations and more.
- To handle client support issues as quickly and efficiently as possible with an appropriate resolution
- To be aware and open to latest software development technologies and methodologies
What You Need To Do Your Job:
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject.
- 3+ years of experience with J2EE/Java and Java based web applications.
- Experience developing APIs (SOAP and REST).
- Strong knowledge with Object Oriented design, design patterns and algorithms.
- Experience with Spring Framework, Object Relational Mapping frameworks such as Hibernate or OpenJPA, and OSGI.
- Strong database schema design and knowledge of MS SQL Server 2012 with experience on database performance tuning tools and techniques.
- Previous experience with Adobe Experience Manager and Apache Tomcat configuration/deployment.
- SEO knowledge specifically related to onsite optimization (desirable)
- Experience with at least one version control system, preferably Git.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Ability to work well in team environment as well as individually. Able to work and deliver in a fast pace working environment.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience in E-Commerce Development and/or with Elasticpath framework and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) would be an asset.
What You Can Handle:
Successful applicants will have a positive attitude, enjoy a challenge, have an appetite for problem solving, a desire to be part of a winning team, want a successful career not just a job, and have strong organizational, oral and written communication skills.
The Decisions You Make:
You will contribute and make decisions on many aspects of project development. The decisions you make will have direct impact on customer experience. You have the drive to deliver high performance and high quality products to customers.
You will get exposures to the core of E-commerce business. You will also be part of the agile practice and be involved from project solution design all the way to delivery. You will be able to strengthen your technical skills and throughout working closely with different teams and departments, you will develop strong communication skills and take ownership and lead on projects.
What We Offer You:
- Group Retirement Savings and Employee Shareholding programs
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits
- 100% MSP coverage
- Flexible spending account
- Progressive paid vacation plan
- New, open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Company discount on contact lenses and glasses
At Clearly we pride ourselves on having a team comprised of talented, innovative and dynamic individuals who are driven by an inner desire to be the best.
Our progressive employee benefits, thriving corporate culture and engaging work environment led to our recognition as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Our team's continued efforts to change the way the world sees, especially through our Change the View project, has been recognized as the Best in the Biz Most Socially Responsible Company of the Year.
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.